Crucial Instagram-related changes in Instagram Feed version 4
In this article
Unfortunately, due to the changes on Instagram side, we had to release a new update of our plugin. Certain source configuration functionality will be deprecated in the update. We realize that the deprecated functionality was very significant for many of our customers, but unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties or interruptions it might cause, and we hope that Instagram will eventually let us bring this functionality back in the future. We promise to monitor the changes on Instagram side for the first chance to do it.
What options will be deprecated?
Starting with version 4 of our plugin, the following functionality will no longer be available:
- Displaying the content from several sources in one feed
- Displaying the content of accounts you don't have access to
- Displaying specific Instagram posts by URLs
- Displaying content by location
What options will still be available?
Starting with version 4, here are the sources you can use to display Instagram images:
- Your Instagram account
- Business Instagram accounts, provided that they are connected to a Facebook page you're an owner or admin of
- Images by hashtags posted over the last 24 hours
How to update to version 4?
This is a very major update and unfortunately, it cannot be installed automatically from your WordPress admin panel. So here's what you need to do to run it:
- Remove the current version of the plugin from your website. Don't be afraid to lose your feeds, as they will be preserved in the plugin's database. You will find them in the plugin's backend settings after installing the update.
- Login to CodeCanyon with the account you've used to purchase the plugin, and download the update from this section https://codecanyon.net/downloads
- Manually install the update you've downloaded to your website.
How to set the source with version 4?
Due to the functionality changes, you will need to reset the source of your feed. Here's a tutorial article to guide you along - Setting the source of your Instagram Feed plugin.
We hope this explains the changes, and we rely on your understanding regarding this update. If you do have questions, please, feel free to contact our support team at https://codecanyon.elfsight.com/contact and we'll be happy to address your concerns.